We will have a press team working throughout the conference. The press team moves around and watches out for interesting news stories. It produces a highlights film of BRUMUN and a daily newspaper reporting on resolutions discussed, heated debates, interesting notes handed over by the admin. staff etc...
The daily newspaper will be published towards the end of each day - it will contain articles about what has been happening around the conference and other features to keep people talking.
The press will have their own room to work in throughout the conference if possible, but their main job is to move about and create an interesting paper with lots of political analysis of the discussions taking place as well as stories of interest from the life of the conference.
Reporting through social media is NOT part of the job and is NOT allowed during the conference.
- to produce media content prior to
- to document and publicise events
during the conference (e.g. social evening, declamation contest)
- to produce a quality daily newspaper
during the conference (it is a United Nations publication, not a tabloid - so the professional tone is important)
- to write articles and take photos
for the daily newspaper
- to organise media content for
- to prepare a video for the
The team will consist of around 15 students - students should be interested in:
- Film Production
Importance of Press Team Role:
- the press team adds a strong democratic feel to the conference
- the name of the newspaper is BRUMAG
- press team reporters watch out for any errors made by delegates or
chairs and report any scandals and incidents (dramatically of course)
- team leaders will delegate members to
organise the printing and collection of newspapers
- everyone on the team is responsible
to help with the deadline for the newspaper every day at 15.00 – all members need to work together to get any last
minute work done and hand out the newspapers on time
- being a journalist is all about chasing the headlines and working out a plan for your edition - what features do you want to include in your newspaper?