CODE OF CONDUCT
WE ASK THAT EVERYONE READS THE CODE OF CONDUCT CAREFULLY PRIOR TO THE CONFERENCE AND WORKS WITH OUR RULES IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS A SUCCESSFUL CONFERENCE FOR EVERYONE.
(1) Dress code for the conference is formal - this is obligatory - delegates not dressed for formal business occasions will be denied access to the event;
(2) Mobile phones need to be off at all times during the conference - likewise all audio equipment must be switched off during meetings;
(3) Placards - every delegate will receive a placard. With this placard, the delegate can vote during debates. Please do not forget to bring it to every meeting. Lost placards will not be replaced.
(4) Smoking is not allowed at any of the venues;
(5) Alcohol is strictly forbidden during BRUMUN - any instances of drinking alcohol will be reported to parent schools to be dealt with by their school policies - in cases of underage drinking, legal authorities must be notified;
(6) Illegal drugs are expressly and strictly forbidden and authorities will be involved immediately in any such instances;
(7) All teachers are asked to work with and monitor behaviour of students from their schools throughout the conference as we all strive towards a successful event which achieves its primary purpose of giving everyone an excellent experience of the workings of the United Nations.